After the last post I received some eMails how to deploy QlikView Extensions.
Altough this information is already available somewhere in the QlikCommunity here is the short instruction.
Installing a .qar file
If you have downloaded a .qar (QlikView Archive file) it is easy to install this file for later usage within the QlikView Desktop:
Just doubleclick the file and QlikView will be started automatically showing you the confirmation dialog that the .qar file has been deployed to your local computer.
Doing so you can now switch to WebView and drag and drop the new extension to your application.
What happend in the background
A .qar file is technically spoken just a ZIP file with the extension .qar.
QlikView has unzipped the file and copied the content of the ZIP file to a directory where QlikView Desktop listens to.
This is depending on your operating system and the type of the extension (object or document extension):
- C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Local Settings\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects
- C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Local Settings\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Document
Deployment to QlikView server
If you want to deploy your object or document extension you have to copy & paste the content of the extension to the server manually, again depending on operating system and extension type:
Windows Server 2008:
Windows Server 2003:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Document
Alternate Installation Path for QlikView Server
If you want you can define an alternate installation path for your server extensions within the QMC (QlikView Mangement Console):
By doing so you can from then on use the following paths to copy your extensions to:
- Document Extension: %Your Alternate Extension Path%/Document/
- Object Extension: %Your Alternate Extension Path%/Objects/
Removing QlikView Extensions
Removing QlikView Extensions either from QlikView Server or QlikView Desktop is easy: Just remove the extension folder (below the paths mentioned above) and the extension is not available anymore.