In the recent months I have seen a lot of QlikView applications where QlikView developers & designers have used layout techniques in combination with “Show Conditions” to enable the feeling to have a control that allows the user to change the state of a variable. This technique works, but it is always a little bit tricky to set up and is time consuming.
So I have created a QlikView object extension which encapsulates the logic describes above, I have named this extension “OnOffSwitch”.
- Use this extension to allow users to change the value of a variable with a nice looking interface (very similar to the experience on an iPad).
- You can use this extensions multiple times on each QlikView sheet to manipulate different variables.
- No need to code anything, all properties can be set in the extension’s property dialog.
- Settings via extension’s property dialog:
- Name of the variable to be manipulated
- Label for on/off status
Download & Further Instructions
I have posted the project on github.com/stefanwalther/qvOnOffSwitch where you can find the following
- The extension itself (.qar file)
- Further instructions how to use the extension
- A QlikView example application